Summer is quickly winding down, which means a new school year and sport season is approaching. While active children is undoubtedly a benefit, there’s always a risk of injury. So it’s important to be proactive about your child’s health and prevent long-term issues. Take a look at how chiropractic care can benefit your little athlete.
Chiropractic Care for Young Athletes
Though there is no such thing as a “safe” sport, highly competitive sports, such as football, weightlifting, gymnastics, and wrestling, pose particularly higher risks of injuries, especially among children. Fortunately, chiropractic care can help athlete recover quickly and avoid future injuries.
To prevent your children from suffering from injuries, muscle cramps, and dehydration, we urge parents to follow these tips.
- Don’t allow your children to skip meals, especially breakfast.
- Encourage your child to drink plenty of water to regulate their body temperature and keep them properly hydrated.
- Have a set bedtime so your child gets an adequate amount of sleep.
- Have your child warm up by stretching.
- Invest in the appropriate gear and equipment to minimize risk of injury.
- Use the RICE (Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation) method to help heal bruises, sprains, and strains.
- Recognize overuse injuries.
Schedule an Appointment Today
If your child needs chiropractic care after a sports injury, contact Grant Chiropractic today at 801-682-4003. Dr. Grant will give patients a comprehensive evaluation and perform the appropriate chiropractic treatment to promote a quick and safe recovery.